Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Qlink XP 200 Dual Sport Motorcycle Review

First off let me start off by saying that i am in no way endorsed by Qlink to write this review.

I recently came upon a good deal on craigslist, I found a 2009 Qlink XP200 for $850.00
i figured what the heck i may as well scoop it up.

I have been eyeing these bikes for 2 years now ever since i got my Suzuki Drz-400s
And have done a ton of research on them and on the company the manufactures them.

Qingqi - The manufacture believe it or not makes and manufactures a good portion of
Suzuki's 250cc and less motors, the 125's etc.

So this Qlink xp200 Essentially uses the same exact Engine as the DR200, But there is a catch.

Suzuki isn't going to just let them use there technology and steal business!!
the Qinqi's 200cc Single cylinder air cooled motor is 98% the same as the dr200 suzuki.

Compression ratios are the same
Gearing is the same
Clutch is the same

Literally everything except a few things....

The cam's in the Qingqi's 200cc had to be de-tuned
as well as the Mikuni Carburetor is a few mm smaller

This was most likely the only way suzuki would allow them to use there engine's in these bikes
as the cam de-tune and smaller carburetor cause about 4-6 lost horse power making it about 4 HP Shy of the dr.

A Snap Shot of my Qlink XP200



After it's all said and done i have about 900 Kilometers on the bike so far and it has impressed me.

It get's amazing gas mileage
it's suitable for highway as long as it's geared right
the build quality is that of the lower end japanese dual sports ( dr200 , klx250s ) etc.
it starts up better then any bike i have ever owned.
and it looks amazing as well.

I can not help but recommend this bike it is everything i thought it would be and some.

Chinese manufactures are coming a long way and i wonder what they will be pumping out 5 years from now.

Comments / Questions are welcomed and encouraged

10 comments:

  1. want to buy this bike but i am very worried since it's a chinese brand but your review reassured me thanks i hope i have as good as luck like you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not hesitate to get the bike Donovan, I waited 2 years, should have bought it a long time ago,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your article is nice, but your grammar sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, are you selling this bike??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Review man really helped out its such a pretty bike even my buddy with a 8 thousand dollar Husquavarna or however you spell it love the look of mine better and i paid 2 thousand for it new! cant beat that other that it not being having crazy power and a gas gauge which almost no bike in this cc range will have and wait did we say it under 2 or 3 no matter where you get one!!! Love these bikes and my new xp 200 thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took my qlink 200 to the DMV today to get plates for it and the DMV cant find the sticker on it for emissions so I cant get mine street legal here in Oregon or is there a way to get the emissions sticker?

    ReplyDelete
  7. w.oo.w
    :-)
    awesome motosport
    like the body

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son bought a 2011 Qlink tour 250....beautiful bike...to look at....not so beautiful since purchase date. He's paid 6months of payments and had only driven it less than 200 miles. This bike has been broke down 90% of the time my son has owned it and the cycle place he purchased it from does not stand behind any of the bikes they sell. My son had the push this bike a mile to were he bought it cause he broke down on his way to work just 6days after purchase date and the owner blamed him for using bad gas and causing lines to gum up and after keeping for 8days he charged my son 130.00 for fixing it..welded brackets have just broken off....now its broke down with an extreme oil leak and this bike has only less than 1400 miles on it. Maybe my son just has bad luck n got a bum bike or maybe Qlink isn't worth a fuck!!! I think I know which one it is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My XP200 has 2000 miles and I've replaced the starter solenoid, battery, the turn signal relay, almost died riding it because the rear tube blew out. The speedometer broke randomly, I haven't fixed that.. Now I'm not getting compression... Save your money... Buy real bikes.. Honda, ktm, Suzuki, Kawasaki, etc..

    ReplyDelete
  10. My son has a 2008 Qlink 200 and it is a really nice bike for the money, smooth, great on gas , and plenty of power and speed. Only hitch is the speedo broke and is over charging and eating up batteries.seems hard to get a service manual for it.

    ReplyDelete